Recently, I’ve been working on a series of topography style watercolor paintings. I’ve enjoyed this so much, I created a specialized palette for it. It consists of teals, greens, off-white (ecru) and muted orange. I have yet to use the orange, meant for indicating higher elevations, but the rest is working really well. It’s a beautiful collection of colors regardless of topic.
- Buff Titanium, Roman Szmal Aquarius
- Quinacridone Burnt Sienna, Roman Szmal Aquarius
- Green Earth, Roman Szmal Aquarius
- Hooker’s Green, Roman Szmal Aquarius
- Chromium Green Oxide, Schmincke
- Olive Green, Schmincke
- Phthalo. Green (blue shade), Roman Szmal Aquarius
- Transparent Turquoise, Roman Szmal Aquarius
Below is the palette swatch card and color reference on the opposite side.
Here are some paintings from the Topography series.