After extensive mixing, I narrowed down the combinations I wanted to focus on and ended up with 4 new custom mixes.
- Mink— a mixture of Sepia (Daniel Smith) and Quinacridone Purple Violet (Van Gogh)
- Grenache–mix of Raw Umber (Holbein) and Quinacridone Purple Violet (Van Gogh)
- Copper–mix of Raw Umber (Holbein) and Helios Purple (Sennelier)
- Mahogany–mix of Warm Sepia (Jackson’s) and Helios Purple (Sennelier)
Below is the sheet I used to fine tune the mixes.
I created a small palette with these mixes along with a couple other paints.
- Raw Umber, Holbein–I wanted to have a contrasting color and be able to warm up the mixes
- Napthamide Maroon, Daniel Smith–this paint has an amazing value range and is a very pretty clear pink when diluted